The holiday Maslenitsa, which separates winter and spring, is the most fun and has always been celebrated on a grand scale: contests, tasty treats, gifts, slides and tug-of-war, snowball games and burning “chuchelo” (a golliwog).
In the capital, there is also a place to go for a walk and the Maroseyka 2/15 Hotel will tell you about the best sites that will be available all week and those that will be open on March 9 and 10 at the time of the broad Maslenitsa.
The holiday program from 1 to 10 March will be held:
- On Manezhnaya Square you will be able to make a gastronomic journey and learn how citizens of Moscow treated each other in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. A town with stylized buildings and shopping malls will unfold here.
- on the Revolution Square with puppet and play performances from puppet, in which you can participate.
- A large pancake market will be held at the VDNKh, chastushki (Russian short folk songs) battles and dozens of master classes will be held. Bright art objects and photo zones will be installed at the Main Entrance.
Festive program on March 9 and 10:
- In Kolomenskoye Park you plunge into the whirlpool of old Russian entertainment, learn how Maslenitsa was celebrated during the time of the kings
- The Kremlin in Izmailovo – here you will be entertained by free master classes, and the magicians of the institute of magic will show real miracles.
- Tsaritsyno Museum-Reserve – here they will tell you how they met spring in Russian villages, what the flowering willow symbolizes and how to prepare correctly for Easter, and also you will have a fair with pancakes, mulled wine, shot and freshly brewed coffee.
Other sites will be organized in Moscow:
- Kamergersky Lane;
- Tverskoy Boulevard;
- New Arbat;
- Khachaturian Street;
- Novopushkinsky Square;
- Stroginsky Boulevard;
- Dmitry Donskoy Boulevard;
- Museum-estate “Kuskovo”;
- Sokolniki Park;
- Park Kuzminki.
In each of these places you can try delicious pancakes, look at the fair, listen to a concert, admire the carnival or take part in an interesting workshop.